- Peanut Butter Waffle: I whole-grain waffle (at least 3 grams of fiber), topped with 1 tbs. of peanut butter, along with 1 cup of berries on the side.
- Oatmeal (Steel Cut Oats): 1 serving of oatmeal, 2 tsp. of honey, ½ cup of raspberries, and a handful of chopped walnuts.
- Smoothie/Protein Shake: 1-2 scoops of protein powder, 1 cup strawberries, 1 banana, 1 cup ice and ½ cup soymilk, ½ cup of your favorite fruit juice.
- Egg White Scramble: 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled with 1 tbs. of salsa, topped with low fat cheese. You can also wrap your eggs in a whole wheat tortilla and make a breakfast burrito.
- Yogurt with fresh berries: 1 serving of yogurt with 2 cups of berries, and a handful of chopped nuts. (Watch the grams of sugar in yogurt…anything over 8 grams of sugar is too much). I like Greek yogurt the best!
- Fresh Fruit Salad: Pick out your favorite fruits, chop them up and enjoy.
I cut up all my fruit twice a week. I keep it in the fridge in a big Tupperware bowl and that way I can easily enjoy it at any time.
Try to eat a balanced breakfast each day! Here are some benefits: increased energy, weight control, improved concentration, better mood, etc.
If you have a yummy breakfast that's quick and easy please share it!!!