After reading Rachel's great post about how to stay healthy and fit all year long (see below) I thought I'd give you guys some healthy snack ideas. Our bodies function at their best when we are eating every 2-3 hours, so even if you don't have time for a full meal there's always time for a quick snack.
~Half of an avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice salt and pepper.
~Steamed broccoli, with a drizzle of olive oil and salt.
~Two rice cakes with 1tsp. of almond butter, or peanut butter in between them.
~1 medium apple cored and drizzled with 2 tsp. of peanut butter.
~Celery with peanut butter.
~1 handful of almonds, or cashews.
~Hummus with vegetables
~Whole Wheat crackers
~2 Hard boiled eggs
~Slices of Turkey Meat
* Your snacks should not fill you up completely. They should just hold you over until you have a healthy meal.
* Drink lots and lots of water. I am a huge green tea drinker and have found that tea can help curb my cravings for sweets.
* If you have been craving sugar then up your protein. Protein will help you feel full longer and it will help to stabilize your blood sugar.
* Your meals should be around 400 calories, and your snacks should not go over 200 calories.
* I try to make one of my meals a salad...so if I eat a salad for lunch then I try to have a protein and a vegetable for dinner.
Happy Holidays! :)