- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup thawed peas
- 1/2 cup thin sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup minced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
In a heatproof bowl, combine the couscous, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the boiling water. Cover tightly and let it stand until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Uncover couscous and let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon water, and some pepper. (Salad's dressing)
Add the peas, green onion, bell pepper, cucumber, parsley and add the dressing. Toss to mix.
Serve at once.
**You could also buy a rotisserie chicken and add the chicken to your salad to make it a complete meal. This recipe was from my mother in law....Thank you! :)