- Shitake, enokitake, maitake and oyster mushrooms are know to help fight cancer and reduce the growth of tumors.
- Mushrooms are a good source of vitamin B12, which if you don't eat meat you might be lacking in your diet.
- They also have potassium, phosphorous, protein, fiber, and selenium.
- They are so easy to cook; you can grill, saute, or roast them.
- Find organic mushrooms that are firm and dry. Stay away from the ones that feel a bit slimy. Keep them in your refrigerator in a bag, or a damp paper towel.
- Mushrooms take on the flavor of whatever you cook them with so you can add them to sauces, soups, salads, pizzas, and stir fries. I prefer to saute some in olive oil, add salt and it's a great side to any meal.
- Portobello caps are great grilled and since they have a meaty texture. You can make delicious burger "patties" with them.
- Studies show that eating mushrooms will help you shed extra pounds!!!
PLF Daily Tip: Add some mushrooms to your diet to help you lose weight. They are not only great at filling you up, but offer some great nutritional benefits too.