Hey everyone! We all want healthy versions of our favorite comfort foods, right? These mashed potatoes are not only a delicious family favorite, they are gluten and dairy free!
- 1 1/4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup gluten free chicken broth (I like Pacific)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 Tb Earth Balance
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Put the potatoes and garlic cloves in a steamer basket and place the basket in the pot of boiling water. Cover and steam until 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender enough to pierce with a fork. Meanwhile, in a small pot, warm the chicken broth.
In a large bowl add, the cooked potatoes and garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and broth. Mash the mixture until smooth.