Would you use a radiation oven to cook your food? Probably not. What if I told you that that is exactly what a microwave oven is. Microwaves use electromagnetic energy to heat up your food. Microwave ovens are not healthy, not natural, and are damaging to your health.
Microwave ovens contain something called a magnetron which is a tube that produces micro wavelength radiation at about 2450 MHz. The radiation interacts with the molecules in the food. Through the process of radiation, microwave ovens change the molecular structure and even decays the food. Through the magnetron, the molecules rotate and begin to create friction between the molecules, and your food heats up. Friction damages the molecules and by tearing them apart or causing them to be deformed.
The Dangers of Microwaved Food
- Can cause changes in a persons blood cholestrol levels after ingesting microwaved food by decreasing the ratio between HDL (good) and LDL (bad)1
- After ingesting microwaved food there is an alarming increase a person's leukocytes(WBC)1
- Can cause cancer due to the molecular changes in the food and exposure to radiation
- The cells of your food are denatured and deformed when they are microwaved
- Microwaving converts some of the valuable cancer fighting nutrients into carcinogens
- Decreases the nutritional value of your food
- Microwaving alters the texture and taste of food
In 1991, in Oklahoma, a woman who needed a blood transfusion died after a nurse had warmed the blood in a microwave oven. Blood needs to be warmed before a transfusion, but microwaving altered the blood and it killed the woman.
A study published in the November 2003 issue of The Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, found that broccoli "zapped" in the microwave with a little water lost up to 97 percent of the beneficial antioxidant chemicals it contains. By comparison, steamed broccoli lost 11 percent or fewer of its antioxidants.
Dr. Lita Lee of Hawaii reported in the December 9, 1989 Lancet- "Microwaving baby formulas converted certain trans-amino acids into their synthetic cis-isomers. Synthetic isomers, whether cis-amino acids or trans-fatty acids, are not biologically active. Further, one of the amino acids, L-proline, was converted to its d-isomer, which is known to be neurotoxic (poisonous to the nervous system) and nephrotoxic (poisonous to the kidneys). It's bad enough that many babies are not nursed, but now they are given fake milk (baby formula) made even more toxic via microwaving."
***PLF Daily Tip***
You should avoid using a microwave at all costs. It is not good for your health and it actually harms your body. I heat up all of my food in a toaster oven. Dr. Mercola recommends a turbo oven(see pic below) and you can learn more about it on his website.
1. In Comparative Study of Food Prepared Conventionally and in the Microwave Oven, published by Raum & Zekt in 1992
3. The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking, Anthony Wayne and Lawrence Newell