On Wednesday I taught this fun and challenging circuit workout in my Sculptworks class at YogaWorks. Give it a try sometime this weekend...it's a good one. :)
Warm Up: We did jumping jacks, squats, lunges, and some plyometric squats. Just be sure to warm up and get moving for about a whole song, or 3-4 minutes.
*You will be at every station for a minute and a half, so set a timer (I like roundtimer, which is an app on iPhones). Repeat the exercises over and over again for the full 1.5 mins. Once you have done one full round then you will repeat it all over again, for a total of two full rounds.
- 3 standard push ups, then pop up to a standing position. Run with high knees for about 20 counts.
- Wide rows with dumbbells
- Plank: 3 leg lifts right, 3 lifts on the left leg, then knee to elbow on the right 3 times and knee to elbow on the left 3 times. (Rach's exercise she posted on Monday is the beginning lifts while holding plank...you can see it by clicking here).
- Stationary lunges: start with your right leg only for the first 1.5 mins, and then the next time around switch to your left leg.
*In class we also did a little cardio in between circuits for about 3-4 minutes: jumping rope, jumping jacks, high knees, etc.
- 20 mountain climbers slow and then 20 fast
- Bicep curls
- Side plank on your forearm while slowly lifting the hips an inch up and an inch down. (Proper form of this exercise can be viewed here).
- Plie Squats (click here to see why I love plies so much).
This workout took us about 45 minutes. We did some additional ab exercises and then stretched for the remaining 15 minutes.