3. Get rid of the white stuff. Cut out white sugar, white flour, and white table salt whenever possible. Weight loss is a lot about balancing your blood sugar. Eating foods that cause spikes in insulin, causes weight gain. Foods containing white sugar, flour and salt also cause a host of different diseases.
4. Drink green tea. Green tea can help you burn extra calories during the day.
5. Eat pumpkin seeds (preferably soaked and dried before eating). Pumpkin seeds are a great source of protein and they have high levels of zinc. Both help keep your body strong and hormones balanced. Balanced hormones lead to greater weight loss results.
6. Drink coconut water. Coconut water increases your metabolism and helps replenish nutrients after a hard workout.
7. Eat Before going out to eat. Before going out to eat, eat a snack. One containing protein and fat. Skip the bread or tortilla chips before your meal. If your blood sugar is balanced, you will not see a spike in insulin. When your insulin levels are balanced, it is easier to make better food choices and exercise portion control.
8. Don't deprive yourself. Learn to eat your favorite foods on occasion. Everything in moderation.
9. Fill half your plate at lunch and dinner with dark green veggies. When you fill up on veggies, you are filling up on nutrition. When you eat nutritionally dense foods, foods rich in vitamins and minerals, your body registers that it is full. When you feel full, you eat less of the bad stuff.
10. Focus on gratitude. When you beat ourselves up, you are almost certain to not see the results you desire. Instead of focusing on weight loss, focus on enjoying life and being thankful for all of the blessings you have.