Apple Cider Vinegar is rich in enzymes and potassium which helps aid in healthy digestion and helps repair sore muscles. One of the main reasons I take ACV, is improved energy and immunity, helping me avoid the cold and flu season. I have also notice a difference in the health of my skin since I began taking it daily. I do not look at it as a cure-all, but it is an ancient practice that has many benefits when it is added into your diet. Look for only organic, unfiltered, unprocessed vinegar, the floaty things on the bottom of the bottle are normal.
Another great article on ACV is on www.mercola.com. Click here to read more.
The Benefits of Adding Apple Cider Vinegar in Your Diet
- Rich in enzymes and potassium
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Helps control weight
- Helps to reduce high blood pressure naturally
- Aids in controlling acid reflux
- Promotes digestion and ph Balance
- Helps soothe dry throats
- Helps to detoxify the body
- Helps maintain healthy skin
- Helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
- Soothes irritated skin
- Natural relief for dandruff
- Helps to control candida
- Relieves muscle pain from exercise
1 Tb of ACV mixed in 8oz of purified water up to 3x/day. If that is tough to swallow, you can mix it into warm water with 1Tb honey. Do not take a shot of vinegar by itself.
You can use it in homemade salad dressings. Click here for ACV salad dressing recipes.
Click here for other ways to use apple cider vinegar.
Should Everyone Take ACV?
- Apple cider vinegar is very acidic. The main ingredient of apple cider vinegar is acetic acid.You should dilute it with water. You should not take it alone.
- It should be part of an alkaline diet. One high in leafy greens and low in processed foods.
- Long-term use of apple cider vinegar could cause low potassium levels and lower bone density. If you already have low potassium or osteoporosis, talk to your doctor before using apple cider vinegar.
- It is possible for ACV to interact with diuretics, laxatives, and medicines for diabetes and heart disease. Check with your doctor if you are taking any medications before adding ACV into your diet.
- Vinegar contains chromium, which can alter your insulin levels.
- When using ACV externally for reasons such as dandruff, be very careful not to get it into your eyes, it may cause damage.